Tuesday, 7 June 2011

The voice, the fresh start, the new beginning

I have been an active writer from a very young age. Sure, I can't exactly recall that my spelling was entirely perfected and pronounced at the age of 11 years old, but writing was how I vented my emotions out back then. After at least 3 written blogs already, I am back, and with a vengeance.

I don't have a sob story, but I do have A story. I have experienced the burden and strains that mental health can ultimately place on ones life. Things, have been difficult. But I made the decision, for the first time in my whole 18 years of being alive, to be selfish. No doubt the best decision I have ever made.

Since December 2010 I have been embarking on a painful and enduring recovery process from depression, anxiety, and an eating disorder. I have spent the past 6 months absent from education, something that I felt devoted towards with a passion, to concentrate on the recovery process. And here, today, I can safely say that I am almost there. The last hurdle has almost been jumped. I am almost free of the burden. My eating and anxiety still need to be improved upon, I am not going to deny that...but I have made a huge progress in that respect also.

On Monday the 13th of June, I will be returning to education, to begin the last year of my A-levels once again. I pray to God that I don't fall back this time. Actually, hell, I WON'T fall back this time. I am better then mental health.

My name is Amy-Louise, and I chose life.

No comments:

Post a Comment