Okay, so after successfully fucking up everything regarding university, I now have to reapply.
I received an email a few days ago from UCAS track stating that something had changed on my application - when I went to go and check, my insurance conditional offer to Westminster University had been rejected. After ringing Westminster, UCAS, and then City, it turns out that because I didn't achieve the grades this year - my places were to be declined. I hadn't been told this from UCAS that my grades were to be met THIS year - and was upset because I had wrote to the universities to tell them the issue with my depression/anorexia etc and they deferred my entry to 2012. I assumed they would know I wasn't going to be taking the exams this year! So now, I have to reapply.
Anyway, after a lot of tears I came to a conclusion that since I had been having second thoughts about my choice anyway it was okay. Everything happens for a reason I guess! I'd been debating about whether to study English Literature instead anyway - but I love them both and just simply cannot decide between the two. I narrowed my choices down to 5 possible avenues I can take - I just need your advice on what you think would be the best idea for me?
1) To study Psychology with English Literature at the University of East London. Now I love these two subjects equally and can't choose between them, hence why I am desperate to study them both. However, the only university in London offering this course is UEL, which doesn't have very good ratings and is not very good quite frankly as far as I am aware. Plus I think they would require low grades from me - I am predicted A*/A/B I think. The only other way I can study a joint honours in Psychology and English Literature is to move out, which I can't do on account of money and Nathan. If I could I would go to Bath Spa as they offer the course, (plus I love Bath) but it's just not possible.
2) To study Psychology with counselling skills/theory - at a university in London - so the psychology course is a bit more narrowed down more to what I want to do. I firstly wanted as a career to embark into the mental health profession - but am still not sure it's right for me regarding how I am right now!
3) To study English Literature - obviously you know that I love English Literature - and would consider it as more of a passion then Psychology as far as my childhood is concerned. I am just worried regarding English Literature of job prospects, I would be choosing English Literature as something I love rather then considering it as a career - I wouldn't know my career prospects regarding taking it for university. My best friend Jade as I have mentioned previously studies English Literature at Warwick (she is crazy about literature, as am I) and loves it and is trying to help me decide - but I am still stuck.
4) To stick with my original choice of choosing City University as my firm and Westminster as my insurance, to study Psychology - I will need AAB for City and ABB for Westminster. I loved City during the open day - hence my firm choice, however AAB seems a tiny bit out of my depths considering I could possibly relapse, and all possible other factors that could enable me to fail, basically.
5) Or to just study Psychology on its own at whatever university in London.
I have no idea what to do with my life at all right now! Making decisions regarding your future is so hard - especially as the time off from Sixth Form allowed me to reimburse passions in my life I never thought I ever had making this decision even tougher!
What do you guys think?