Thursday, 5 July 2012

Past friendships

I feel a little bit disgusted at aspects of humanity right now, people who think it's okay to post degrading and disgusting comments about other people thinking that they won't see it.

I've reached a point in my life where I don't care anymore what people think of me. I've achieved so much in the past few years especially, where if people who even try to accuse me of screwing up my life or screwing up my future then I know that I would win, heads up.

In the past 2 years, I have:
  • Recovered from anorexia
  • Reached a stage where I am content with my life, despite still suffering from depression and anxiety
  • Gotten myself a new job one week since leaving the Sixth Form after exams
  • Celebrated a 3 year anniversary with my first boyfriend whom I love with everything I have
  • Raised tons of money for Cancer Research UK through running 2 Race for Life's
  • Volunteered for numerous charities - BeatBullying, YoungMinds, and Cancer Research UK, and I also now give blood
  • Finished and completed my A-levels after working incredibly hard, despite plenty of knockbacks
  • Found friends who love me for who I am
For some people, some of these may not seem like achievements, but for someone who 2 years ago never even thought she would get to this stage, it is a massive deal.

I then look back at the people who made these disgusting comments about my friends and I, look at what they have achieved and find, that it isn't much at all. And that may sound spiteful and horrid but it just demonstrates how people have no right to ridicule and make fun of other peoples lives when they're clearly just shows pure jealousy.

I do have trust issues from my friendships over the years, and wouldn't specifically say that I could sit down and confide to my friends, even now, if I was struggling, even though I do love them to pieces. My trust issues stem mainly from going from friendship group to friendship group as a teen, being horrifically bullied for about 5 years from previous friends,  and being backstabbed and had the most horrible things done to me by previous friends. Even in this new year group, whom I did love, as has been demonstrated, there has been   some horrible situations happen in this year which are just unnecessary. Just last night I heard that a former friend was going to try and get my boyfriend sacked from the police as he was wearing a police uniform as a costume to a party - which clearly she wasn't aware wasn't even his uniform and was fake for a start! It just demonstrates the pure depths of some people's personality and how sly and manipulating people can be.

I look at myself today with pride at the journey I have completed. and the milestones I am yet to complete. I have a lot to be proud of. Jealous people who clearly have nothing better to do with their lives, I don't have much time for. You haven't got to me, and you haven't got to my friends. You've just made me laugh at how pathetic you actually are. 

2 comments:

  1. This makes me sad and angry
    Angry that people can be so cruel and sad that others have to bear the brunt of their cruelness
    I think these people are so insecure and feel so bad about themselves that they try to bring others down to make themselves feel better

    You have achieved so much and they can never take that away from you

    Much love x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh Ruby thanks, you're such a sweetheart. I have finally been catching up with your blog, if you ever need me then please contact me, would love to be of help! Xxx

    ReplyDelete