Monday, 10 December 2012

Florence and the Machine + Christmas!

So last Thursday night, the wonderful Tanya and I took a trip to the O2 to see the beautiful Florence and the Machine.

I saw Florence live for the first time only 3 years ago, before she became famous and when her main claim to fame was providing the soundtrack for the Apple advert with her track 'Kiss with a Fist'.

It's so amazing to be able to recognise how far she has come since then.



What I love about Florence is how she graces the stage with such energy and vibrancy, yet manages to capture nothing but powerful meaning and strength throughout her lyrics.
One of my favourites, if not my favourite song of hers is 'Shake it Out'. For me, the 'devil' represents depression, 'it's hard to dance with the devil on your back so shake him off' completely echoes pushing    your past and those negative thoughts to the back of your mind and focusing on the present. And when I heard her sing those words live, I felt even more inclined to shake that devil on my back off and look forward to a brighter, happier and more positive 2013.

She is most definitely one of my favourite artists of all time, such depth behind those lyrics whilst carrying extreme modesty and energy and kindness.

I had a lovely night with Tanya also, and felt extremely blessed that I was able to share this experience with someone who loves the Flo as much as I. This being my second time meeting Tanya and having spoken to her many times through various internet forms, she is undoubtedly one of the beautiful, kindest, and inspiring friends I have and I am incredibly blessed to have her in my life. Her blog, which I will link: (http://tanyabeetham.blogspot.co.uk/) will always serve as a form of inspiration for me. A lady who has been through so much yet has managed to achieve and succeed in so much, also. And her belief in the power of positivity is something I wish to absorb, as well as her coffee addiction!


I've been feeling pretty lonely recently in regard to friendships. Every friendship I have seems to let me down and it's hard to see where friendship lies in some people. Not with this lady, though. Days like Thursday are those where I am so grateful for the internet and the opportunity it has given me to meet so many wonderful people!

In other news, not long to go until Christmas! I'm a complete Christmas-junkie and love everything to do with Christmas, it is no doubt my favourite time of year. On my day off today I ventured to buy a new tree for my room as my baby one was getting a little bit tatty. Needless to say I was very pleased with the result:


I am now feeling officially festive!

Hopefully, I will be able to get some video blogs up in the next few weeks about coping with mental health around Christmastime, and thoughts and resolutions as the new year approaches.
It's no doubt been a tough few weeks in regard to my mental state, but am trying very hard to keep my chin up!

Hope you are all keeping well and are feeling festive!

No comments:

Post a Comment