Tuesday, 1 January 2013

2013!

Taking the time out to wish my wonderful fellow bloggers and followers a very Happy New Year!


I saw the new year in as I have done every year since I met my boyfriend, cuddled up on the sofa, watching the fireworks. I was insistent not to watch the fireworks this year. I tried to ignore the fact that a new year was approaching and didn't want to make a huge fuss out of it - every year I feel this massive pressure to be this different and invented person. But my boyfriend convinced me to watch them - and they were absolutely spectacular. Once more, I felt grateful to live in London where these kinds of events took place - my boyfriend has insisted on us going up into central next year to watch them.



My boyfriend has this habit of being incredibly soppy on New Years Eve, and this year was no exception. When I was going on about how I was panicking about the prospect of a new year, a new beginning, and what could happen. He then took my face, looked into my eyes, and told me that it didn't matter what we had to face in 2013, or for the rest of our lives, but we would face it together and that was the most important thing. Which, as it does every year, made me cry. I'm incredibly lucky to have this amazing man in my life, the one I want to marry and live with and spend the rest of my life with. It's going to be a hard year, but I/we can do it.

As I mentioned yesterday, I set myself some goals, as opposed to resolutions. Resolutions, to me, means to better yourself, and I'm going to try not to see my 'goals' as a way of bettering myself, but my life.
Was speaking to one of my best friends last night who quite simply stated; 'fuck everyone else. 2013 is your year'. She is so right.

1) Begin my new degree in Psychology,  work to the best of my ability, and pass assessments :)
2) Hopefully either get a new job or try and get more hours in my current one! (hardest and most stressful one!)
3) Pass my driving test/theory - seems impossible right now regarding my anxiety about driving, but I'm going to try my hardest.
4) Say YES to more things! My anxiety seems to be the reason why I tend to say no to people more often in regard to going out, etc, or just any opportunity. This year I want to shake a stick to anxiety and say yes!
5) Travel and visit friends. I have some brilliant friends, all at University, who I'd love to go and visit. I'm also hoping this is going to be the year that I finally go abroad (yes, for the first time) - and begin my adventures in travelling.
6) Practice my creative writing - whilst at University for the short while I was there, I was always praised for my creative writing during the module and it was something I begun to enjoy. So at some point soon I'm going to be starting a new blog to practice my creative writing, as well as a place to discuss books I've read/book reviews (to help sustain my love for Literature)
7) Try something new/expand out of my comfort zone
8) Turn 21 in style! (I can't believe I am going to be 21!)
9) Drink more water! - my lack of hydration worsens many of my health problems!
10) Complete the 25 book challenge - I would have done 50 but with the busy year it looks as if I'm about to have, I'm not sure if I will have time for that! I got a Kindle Fire HD for Christmas to continue my obssession with reading on!

And overall, accept myself and my flaws and generally learn to love life. Don't take any shit from other people and keep the true ones close. Keep working hard and what I want will pay off, I hope. Here's praying for no relapses and downsides, but if they happen they are a part of recovery that I need to embrace.

Happy new year - what are your goals for 2013?
Have a great one!

3 comments:

  1. Enjoyed reading this and your end of 2012 post.

    I hope that get the chance to meet all of your goals for 2013.

    Thank you for being a great friend.

    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes for you and this year to come, you truly deserve it!
    Much love, always fight for the better xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a lovely post my darling. let's embrace this year :)

    ReplyDelete